Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wicked Fun

On July 16 Michael surprised me with tickets to "Wicked" in LA. It was my half birthday and we have decided to celebrate my birthday then instead of in January. This helps spread the celebrations around and not have all of mine in the winter months. I had totally forgotten about it but Michael came home from work and made me cupcakes and told me he got the tickets to "Wicked" for the next weekend. What a sweet husband! We went with our friends Rob and Kari and they picked this cool restaurant that was founded by the same guy who found Chuck E. Cheese. It had a screen in the middle of the table where you ordered all your food and could play games and what not. It was a lot of fun and a nice change.
The only downside of the night was having to leave little miss Avery. We had to get a babysitter for 9 hours! P.S. Babysitters cost as much as the rest of the night (not really but a good chunk)! But she was great with Avery and apparently Avery wasn't too bad either. I was probably the most stressed by the whole experience and I made it out okay. Here are some pictures of the night:

Walking Hollywood Boulevard... interesting, very interesting...Outside of Wicked. This was after the show.

Inside the lobby of the theater about to go watch the show. WOOHOO!
Okay all I can say is IT WAS AMAZING. Everyone needs to go see it. I wish I could explain all the cool things but so many things went into making it amazing there is no possible way. It is way better than I thought it was going to be and I would go watch it tonight if I could. This has made me want to go see plays on Broadway. We will go to New YOrk one day and go to shows, but they are going to have to be pretty amazing to outshine Wicked. Seriously, go see it. Don't give excuses, it will be totally worth it.

6 comments:

sam and brittney said...

carly,
i'm glad that you survived the earthquake without any injuries. yea for seeing wicked! i totally agree about wanting to see it again tomorrow. we should go.

chia said...

I LOVE WICKED! im glad someone else knows and feels the obsession that i have been feeling for the past 1 1/2 years. A-MAZING doesnt even come close to describing it. CHILL BUMPS from head to toe. HEAD TO TOE!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

It was always such a stress for me to find a babysitter...I almost would have rather stayed home. I am glad you had a fun evening.

Stefanie H said...

Oh awesome! I've always wanted to see Wicked! Last summer I got to see The Phantom of the Opera on broadway in NYC.. THAT was awesome! I HIGHLY recommend seeing that in New York if you go :)

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

What an awesome evening!!!! Kelly and I went to NYC for her 16th Bday and saw 2 shows: Phantom and Spamalot....We loved both of them!!! The music was just sooo cool! I would love to see Wicked!!! Unfortunately, South Dakota isn't really what you would call a cultural center.....

Beth said...

I keep hearing about Wicked, I really need to see it. I feel ya on leaving Avery, whew, thats a long time!