Saturday, July 19, 2008

Oh man...

This past week has been hard. Michael, Avery and I have been stuck in California while the rest of our Adams' family has been partying it up at Bear Lake. Michael said that this family vacation has been going on since he was about 12 and the only other times he has not gone was when he was on his mission. I have gone the past two years. It is seriously so much fun. The whole family stays in a condo on the beach, there is card playing, swimming, boating (especially this year), crafts, sunbathing, hot tubbing, golfing, the best shakes ever, knee boarding, tubing, good food, and the fun never ends. We knew that we wouldn't be able to go if we came to California but we never realized how hard it would be once Bear Lake time came. And let me tell you it was hard. Michael and I talked about it daily and I would have to stop him because I would get so sad. I don't think we will ever miss a Bear Lake family vacation again.
The good news is that the family did have fun, even without us (hard to believe, I know). But I just wanted to post a couple pictures of years past to reminisce. Don't worry family, we will be there next year...

The first year:
I came right after a swim meet so the kids tried on my cap and goggles. I thought they were so cute! This is Abby sporting the swimmer's look.Emmaline and me being silly.

Chloe and me cuddling.
The picture above, I don't even know what's happening.

Nicholas attacking me, but this is a picture of when he was sweet and not trying to tickle me.

Alexis and me hanging out on the boat.
The second year:
The Pollard girls on the infamous Bear Lake hike.

James posing in the tree.

Holden is about to take off...

Super cute Austin.

Joshua and Nicholas. They did have mud on their faces and were trying to be scary, but I guess this is after they washed it off.

Michael holding Luke.

The family that went on the hike.

Michael and I about to tube, and yes I was pregnant in this picture.

5 comments:

Lacey Freeman said...

FUUN! Can I come next year? Haha.

Lacey Freeman said...

Oh and I think I am back to blogging!...so CHECK IT OUT!

Lisha said...

I would die if we ever missed a Mayfield family reunion, so I can somewhat sympathize with you! Looks like a blast, and the countdown for next year starts, right?!!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

That does look like a lot of fun!

Lisha said...

cut!!!!!