Friday, July 18, 2008

PAUSE!

Please! Can someone just pause time for a second? Last night as Michael and I were going to bed, Avery woke up. So I just put her in bed with us and fed her. She fell asleep as she was eating and so did Michael. But I took in the moment and realized how lucky I was. I had this beautiful healthy baby cuddled up to me and a dedicated loving husband holding my hand. How does life get any better? My heart was full and I just didn't want the moment to end. But soon I started getting uncomfortable (I can't stay in 1 position longer than like 1 minute, I swear, it is totally annoying), so I moved Avery to her crib and went to sleep.
Everyday I look at Avery and she seriously gets bigger as I am watching her. I have photos of her when she was a newborn around the house and when I look at them I can hardly remember those days. How sad is that, it was only 7 months ago (I think it is so I will want another kid, if I remembered everything about that time having another kid would be out of the question)! How is this big baby the same as that little biddy baby? She is just growing to fast. I need to pause time before I wake up and she is a teenager.
She has many new skills. She can pick up Cheerios and put them in her mouth with an 80% success rate. She loves to stand and hold on to things. She likes to pull herself up to stand on things. She eats tons of solids. She starts on one end of the room and makes it past our couch and table to the other side of the room, not by crawling but by strategic rolling and scooting. She has realized that if she lays her head on my shoulder I will hold her for a little longer before putting her in bed. And she now has two top teeth coming in. I think I might start crying right now.
Standing up and hanging out.
Tootsie toes working hard.

Eating yummy Cheerioes all by herself.

Can you see the two top teeth, especially the one on your right? Mike is afraid that they are too big and will be buck teeth, but my mom has told us not to worry... I guess we will see when they come in. She'll be cute no matter what though. By the way this photo was pretty hard to take, so I hope you can see them.
Can she be any more chubby or cute? I love this little girl. She makes everyday exciting!

4 comments:

Lacey Freeman said...

I just love her little feet. She is so DARN CUTE!!! I can't believe that she will be walking the next time we see you guys! Time really does go too FAST!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Our baby is growing up so fast! Oh and just so you don't worry, those teeth are "bucked" they are totally a normal size. Give my baby a kiss.

The Happy Haynie Family said...

That is "aren't" not "are"...scared you didn't I!

Lisha said...

funny!!!