Thursday, February 21, 2008

Long Peaceful Sleep

Avery slept from 8:30 last night until 6:45 this morning! That is a REALLY long time! Way to go baby! Maybe this is the first of many nights to come, but I am not getting my hopes up. Plus being a breastfeeding mother has its downsides to long peaceful sleep. But I definitely could get used to it! Now I just need to get smart enough to go to bed soon after the baby so I get the sleep she does. I am still not making it there until like 1am. Dumb, dumb me.

5 comments:

Page said...

We are the same! Carson slept 8 hours last night, and I only caught 5 of them. :(

Cari said...

That is so great that she slept thru the night!!! I am the same way about not taking advantage of him sleeping to get some sleep myself. I think of some of that time as my "catch up" time. I read, workout, watch tv, clean, etc. Then before I know it its midnight. That is the life of mommies I guess.

Beth said...

Wow! Most I have gotten was 8 hours and 45 minutes last week. But she usually sleeps between 6 and 7 1/2 hours each night straight then wakes up to eat and goes back to sleep for about 2 more hours.

Lisha said...

Isn't it wonderful?!! It will get even better once it start happening on a regular basis... your body adjusts (milk), your not worried she's not breathing, and you finally get some well-deserved sleep. But, like Cari said, it is some good catch-up time. Oh well. Kenadie is still waking up every 2 1/2 hours, but as long as she starts to grow some, I don't care so much right now. :)

Debbie said...

Yeah! Hopefully, for your sake, it will become a regular thing. Taylor didn't start sleeping through the night until she was a year old (except for rare occasions). I also still get in bed late and take advantage of my "catching up time"-- like right now, when I'm reading blogs.. haha