Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2 Months and Growing

We went to the doctor on Monday for Avery's 2 month check up. We were a week late because last Monday I thought her appointment was at 2pm when really it was at 9am. So they had to reschedule. You think I would be able to get somethings straight but nope.... Anyways, we had to go in and I was dreading it ALL day. Michael has work/school all day everyday so I had enlisted Ashley and Lauren to go with me but when I had to switch the date I lost them. So I had to muster up my courage and take my baby in to get her shots by myself. I have to give props to my nurse though, I told her that I would probably cry more than Avery and she tried to make me feel okay about my uncontrollable emotions. She seriously gave Avery her 4 shots in 10 seconds. I was impressed. Avery was not as impressed, actually she wasn't impressed at all just mad, real real mad. She screamed for a minute and then continued to cry for 5 or 10 minutes. She would settle down a little and I would start to say, "see it wasn't so bad.." and she would go at it again. She was not going to let me forget the traumatic experience she had to go through. She finally did settle down and I fed her and she passed out in her car seat. It was a hard day. I followed the nurse's recommendation and went and bought infant Tylenol and gave her a dose when she woke up. She has been good despite what she went through. You can see her little bandaids on her legs. She didn't enjoy them when I had to take them off. I seriously can't win with these shots!Avery is a big healthy girl. She is now 13 lbs and 3 oz and 24.4 inches long. This puts her into the 90th percentile for weight and 94th percentile for height. Her head circumference was 39.2 which is the 57th percentile. The doctor was impressed with her growth and told me to continue doing whatever I have been. That always makes a mom feel a little better. I am also glad to know that most of my rocky road ice cream and chocolate chip cookies have been going straight through me and to her. This is good because she is a lot cuter with chunks than I would ever be able to pull off. I think half her weight is in her cheeks. They just keep getting bigger and even more fun to kiss. Our friends' daughter June met Avery and kept saying "Baby, I love you" and then would come and pinch her cheeks. Even 2 year olds can't get enough of her cute cheeks.
I couldn't figure out how to turn this picture so sorry. But look at those chunks! So sweet. I actually had to loosen Avery's diaper so when she sat up she wouldn't become one big roll. Haha. The afghan behind her was made by my best friends Grace. We just got it in the mail yesterday and it has already become a favorite because it is sooo soft. I love it. Thanks Gracie!
Avery is also a drool fest. The doctor said that babies start to teeth between 2-4 months so we are heading down that road. We are glad that it is only slobbering right now, but we seriously can't keep her chin dry. It is a constant battle that I lose to everyday. Oh well! I like this little jacket because when I zip it up it keeps her passy in her mouth. She usually gets bored in the car and it is hard to keep her binky in when driving so this solved our problem! She was happy the whole time in the car. Well enough Avery stories for now but we definitely have more for tomorrow!

11 comments:

Page said...

Those pictures are SO CUTE! Carson and I looked at them together. He was impressed with the chubs. We need to get them together for a picture, just in case they ever go on a date or something.

Cari said...

I have a bit of a soft spot for chub babies! Could it be because my boy weighs more than a 2 year old?!

Seriously, she is insanely cute! And I feel you on the whole shot thing. I totally told the nurses to ignore my tears the 1st couple of times. They are use to me now!

Beth said...

She is so cute! Jarom and i LOVE the pictures, especially the big cheese one! I can't wait for them to play together! I'm glad her shots went quickly, poor little babies. I didn't give Addie any tylenol because they didn't mention it and she had a fever later that day but I was out at Hobby Lobby and couldn't take her temp and the doctor was closed so I didn't know dosage instructions... but she survived.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
danakat said...

I cannot believe those cheeks!
What a precious little jabber-jaw.
How do you get anything done? I would spend all my time with those cheeks.

Lacey Freeman said...

What a chunk o monk!! Her cheeks are just too much. I especially love that first picture of her...what a doll she is. She already looks so much older than her newborn pictures. Can you believe how fast they grow?!

Ash said...

Car, it's Ash. I thought I'd inform you that I just made the binky picture my new desktop background. I LOVE IT! :)

Birdie said...

Awwww! Those chunks are precious. You have such a cute little girl. I'm totally jealous!!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

That's my little baby!!! She is growing so fast!! I can't believe it!

Lisha said...

She is so cute! I swear, her and Carden are twin cousins... kinda. They both look like their daddies and are/were both chubby bubbies. I LOVE it! I need to smoosh those cheeks, we need to figure out a way to get that worked out!

Debbie said...

What a chubby little thing! So cute! My doctor always tells me to give Tylenol to Taylor about 30 minutes to an hour before her appointment to get shots, and then I think you can give it again 4 hours later. Luckily, Taylor hasn't had any problems from her shots... just a few knots in her legs.