Thursday, January 14, 2010

Us Tonight

This little guy has won over my heart. After having Avery I was so afraid that another baby wouldn't match up to her happiness and sleeping abilities, but Pierson is just as good if not better than Ave was. He is also cuddly (Ave wasnt) and happier in swings, vibrating chairs, and other things I use to distract him which Avery never liked. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better 2nd baby. I love him with all my heart and more.
He is 3 months old! TIme flies. This kid is bigger than most 6 month olds. He topped the scale today at 16lbs 15 oz. He was also 25 in long. He totally skipped the 3-6 month stage in clothes I feel like. One day he was in newborn clothes and now I can put him in 6-9 months. AAHH. Slow down baby, I want you as a baby for a while longer.

Tonight we decided to put together a gingerbread house. We bought one at the beginning of December and never did it so I returned it and then got this one free at the breadrun. Lucky us. Don't mind my really hot look- explaining how to achieve it would take a whole other blog post.



Avery has taken a real liking to her daddy. She has always loved him no doubt, but she would always want mom. These days she cries for daddy, gets so super excited when he comes home, and wants all of his attention.

Here is Ave in the process of putting candy all over the house.



Here is the start of the house... my pictures won't move around so this picture story is backwards. But anyways, I hope you enjoyed our night because we sure did!


I still have so much blogging to catch up on but I decided that I'll do a little of the present in middle of all of the past blogs... makes it exciting, right?

11 comments:

Jana said...

i think pierson and lily would be great friends... i'm thinking lily is gonna hit 16 lbs any day! i'm in love with that painting in your kitchen! i'm looking for something similar for our bedroom... where did you get it?

Lisha said...

So, I just LOVE reading your posts. You capture life and being a mom so cleverly... "explaining how to achieve this look would take a whole blog post." Haha, I LOVE it! Ave's faces are hillarious in these photos, oh I love that girl. And I just want to love on Pierson... such a doll. Just remember, Emma was the dream baby, too! ;)

mattyanddeidre said...

You are Hot Carly!! Also, that gives me hope that if I ever have a 2nd baby that they can be just as good or better than your first. Oh, and Pierson is so cute. My sister in law's baby boy who was born just a few weeks before Pierson is gigantic! He is only 3 lbs behind Cayman. He weighed in at 17 lbs at 2 months. Ha ha ha! I love being able to keep in touch through blogs.

sam and brittney said...

Love the gingerbread house! Love your hotness! James is having his 6 month check up next week. I wonder if Pierson weighs more than him! I am soo jealous that the girls are going to come visit you this weekend. Have sooo much fun for me! Miss you!

Kari and Robert said...

its obviously accidental but I LOVE that thumbs up Avery is giving in the first picture, so cute, love that little girl.

Beth said...

So fun! And 16lbs??? WOW! Addie wasn't 16 pounds until she was 15 months old! He is so darn adorable. I am dying to meet that sweet boy! And I'm with Alisha, I love reading your posts, they make me giggle.

B said...

Precious little faces!! Those cheeks are amazingly cute!

But I HAVE to know about that print behind you in all the pictures!! It is fabulous! Did you paint it? Seriously...I need to know. :)

danakat said...

The last comment was me, by the way. Didn't know B never logged off last night.

kaitlan said...

They get so big! We have sat Conner down on our home scale and hes come in at 14 lbs. haha. I really can't imagine how big he'll get! My arms grow sore just thinking about it! His four month doctor visit is next week so we will see how acurate our home method of weighing is. haha

Blake and Melissa Carlile said...

That picture just makes me want to snuggle Pierson. So delicious!

sam and brittney said...

Yes, I bought my ticket to go to Kim's wedding. I am only going to be there a short time. Fri. March 5- Sun the 7. I am bringing James because Sam has a test the following Mon. Sad. I was so excited to leave him with Sam. At least both of us will have our babies. Or are you planning to leave him with a family member in UT? How long are you going to stay in UT?