Monday, November 24, 2008

Savvy Shopper

On Saturday morning we had a relief society enrichment where the Savvy Shopper from the Daily Herald came. She is like this shopping coupon wizard. She said that she has gone into a store, bought $94 worth of groceries and left only paying a dime. Crazy. So she shared a little bit of her knowledge with us so that we could save booko bucks like she does. If you live in Utah County it is a pretty sweet deal because she finds the deals and the coupons for you (you have to get the coupons yourself through Daily Herald subscriptions) and tells you what are good, great, and wow buys, what store, what aisle, pretty much the whole works. So all you have to do is subscribe, cut coupons and check her website. She even has a tool on her website called the shopping wizard where you can put in an item that you need and she will tell you the cheapest place to buy it with or without coupons. Amazing! Most of my income goes to groceries so I have been totally excited about this. She says that she doesn’t spend over $100 a month on groceries (that is including cosmetics, diapers, deodorant, etc). I spend that easily in a week. So if you want to know more email me and I can send you the little flyer she sent out. It tells you how to cut, organize, and use coupons. You can also visit her website at
www.savvyshopperdeals.com
where you can look for coupons, grocery deals, recipes, online freebies, retail deals, the works!
If you want the flyer just leave a comment and I can email you or email me and I'll send it your way!

4 comments:

sam and brittney said...

I wish she could let me know the deals in Lubbock! I want to hear about the money you save.

Lisha said...

DO you guys have a Publix up there? I found a great Publix deals blog... I saved over $80 today, only spending $40. Not quite $97 worth for a dime, but you gotta start somewhere, right? How does she organize her coupons? Send me any info you have from your class, let's become savvy shoppers together!

Beth said...

Please send me the stuff!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Need all the stuff. I bought 8 papers on Sunday. I clipped and clipped. Did get some savings done! Mostly at Food Pyramid (Albertsons)