Saturday, August 16, 2008

Knott Just Monday...

Nope, not at all. It was actually one of the best Mondays ever. One of our best friends, Lindsi, came to stay with us Saturday to Tuesday. I know, serious fun. We decided to be super crazy and go to Knott's Berry Farm. On Monday Michael went to work early and left after a half day and then we made our way 20 minutes down the road to Knotts. We left Avery with a young women from our ward. Michael and I felt like kids again. We were running ride to ride and basking in the freedom of not having to lug around Avery (though we do love her dearly, sometimes it is nice to get out without having to worry about making her comfortable). This is Michael and I before our first ride. I was so dang excited. I think that Michael and Lindsi should have been brother and sister growing up. But then maybe their parents wouldn't have made it. Monday turned out to be a great day to go to Knotts because there were barely any lines. This is a picture of one of the few times that we spent in line. Cute, huh? My favorite part of Knotts was sitting between Michael and Lindsi on the rides. The things they said were priceless... here is just a little snippet:
Michael: "I am so scared, and I am a man!"
Lindsi: "I hate this, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this..." throughout the whole ride. When we got off the ride she told us it was her favorite. Oh Linds.
So I wish that this next picture were a full body shot, but what more can you ask from a 16 year old girl that could barely figure out how to take the picture? As we were waiting in the line for the water ride we were trying to figure out where on the ride would get us the least wet. We never came to a conclusion and we were assigned seats so it didn't really even matter. Well it turned out that we sat in a spot that got a ton of water. Especially Lindsi's seat. Note to self: Don't wear white pants to an amusement park. Lindsi and I did not get this note and we both wore white shorts. Bad news bears. For more reasons than I will discuss...
Michael and Carly, so hot right now. We found this secluded waterfall in a cave in line waiting for the log ride. The log ride was supposed to be a high attraction of the park, but we were left disappointed.
Poor little Avery had to stay at home. Maybe in 10 years we will be fun parents and bring her to Knotts.
Knotts was so dang fun. We started off strong but after 6 hours we were dead and ready to go home. I didn't think I was going to be able to walk the next day, but I did! YAY!

Lindsi left the next day and we were sad. It was so fun to have someone to share my day with! After I dropped Lindsi off I got home but locked my keys in the car. Boo. The landlords were able to let me in, thank heavens. I waited for Michael to come home to open the car to give me my keys, but he had to stay at work late. He got home at 7 the next morning. Yep, you heard it, he worked 24 hours straight. What a man!

7 comments:

Lisha said...

Dad took me to Knotts for my 5th birthday because Mom left for Jana's baby's funeral with Kiara and Jarom, and I was quite disappointed I had to stay home and go to school. But, Dad and Knotts made up for it! I remember the big swinging boat ride... where you sit on one side or the other and then the big ship swings back and forth. Do they still have that one?

Kari said...

ugh! i'm so sad we didn't go with you guys! and i don't think you guys should go back to utah...i'm going to miss avery! oh and you guys too...ha jk.

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Hey it's Emilee from the Madison Ward. Are you living in LA? I live in LA, near the LA harbor.

Carly A said...

We live in Huntington Beach just south of LA. What are you doing in LA?

Beth said...

What a fun day! I love the kind of ride alisha was talking about... oh I'm jealous!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

That's so crazy. I used to live in Orange County in Costa Mesa, but I just moved to South Bay. I go to law school in Orange County. I have been here for a little over a year!! We should meet up sometime!

Lacey Freeman said...

Yeah, seriously...WHAT A MAN! So I am totally bummed I never made it out there. It just sucks everything is so dang expensive these days. But it looks like you guys had tons of fun! I'm jealous...not that I could really ride too many rides right now though anyway...