Thursday, June 12, 2008

Girlfriends...

truly great friends are hard to find,
difficult to leave,
and impossible to forget.
- author unknown

I have been incredibly lucky throughout my life to have dang good girlfriends. I met two of my best friends in first grade and we just gained more girls with time. In middle school we had a group of eight of us and we called ourselves SMAL JACK. Dumb, I know, but let's remember we were in middle school. We spent every free minute we could together. As I went into high school we opened up our little circle and I had tons more girlfriends. Most of them I could call at any time and ask for anything and they would be there. When I moved to Utah to go to school, I was super sad to be leaving all of my girls, most of them went to the same school so I was totally feeling left out and wondering what in the world I was doing going all the way to Utah.

Little did I know that I would gain some more amazingly beautiful girlfriends who have seriously changed my life forever. These girls took me in and it has never been the same since. I can't think of any better people than those girls. I love them to death.

Moving to California has been a great experience and it has helped me realize the importance of good girlfriends. I miss them all so much and it makes me sad that one day we all are going to leave Provo and start a new life (Brit already is... crazy!). Like this quote said, "true friends are hard to find," there are lots of girls out here that I could totally be friends with but they won't take the place of the girls I have now. I was talking to Linds and we decided that we are now unable to make new girlfriends because the people we meet don't match up to what we have. I am sure that one day I will learn and make new girlfriends, but I want all the girls in my life to know now how much I love them and how they have forever affected my life. You guys have made it hard for me to make new friends! But more importantly, you have made me more of the person I am today. I love you girls. Seriously!

Here are some pictures of my Provo girls:
Out to dinner with Lindsi and Kimba
Laney's baby shower. Congrats Laney on little Hank! Another addition to the cute babies! (Um, what is Ashley doing in this picture????)

Jackie before she left to be Ms. Amazing in Uganda.

Ashley visiting us in Huntington Beach! We LOVED having her here and I miss her!

Brittney and me at the beach when her and Sam came and visited us. FUN!


5 comments:

Beth said...

Girlfriends are great! I am so jealous of you being so close to the beach....

Lacey Freeman said...

I love that post...fun pictures too!

Ash said...

Car, it's Ash. I loved that post. Thank you for writing it! It totally made my day. I looked the picture of us in front of Bj's...i thought you were pregnant...and then I remembered...oh yes she's carrying Avery. Anyways, I LOVE you and miss you like crazy. Please come back to Provo now. :)

Triz said...

I randomly came across your blog and found all the old condo row gang. That was a great couple of apartments. Hope all is well!

Kim said...

I love this post! I love girlfriends too. We are lucky!