Friday, June 20, 2008

Across the Country and Halfway Back

Avery and I left Tuesday afternoon for Madison, Alabama. We had a five hour flight from LA to Atlanta and then a 30 minute flight to Huntsville. The 5 hour flight was about all Avery could handle. She was great the first 2 hours but the no naps settled in. We were by the window by a guy who was tinky and took up some of our room and didn't want anything to do with a baby. Avery kept looking at him and trying to smile but he wouldn't look at her. She wanted to touch his arms but I had to keep her away so we wouldn't annoy him. So she wasn't having the best of time. She finally fell asleep but I was uncomfortable and tried to move her and she woke up mad. So I had to stand up with her and when she fell asleep I went to go back to my seat but the cart was in my way so I had to stand holding a 20 lb sleeping baby for a half hour. I think I might have broke my back. As I was standing there I was watching a screen that showed where the airplane was on the map. We flew right over Oklahoma, then Madison, AL to Atlanta. The whole time I was wishing I could just jump out to any of those places since that was where we were going. We finally made it to Alisha's and it was fun to see the girls. They were excited to see us and that was fun. The next morning we woke up and traveled 6 hours to Little Rock and then on Thursday we traveled another 4 to Tulsa. Avery was about traveled out. We were so excited to get to Nuna and Papa's house. Here are some pictures of our trip!

The back seat. Nathan did pretty good except for the times that he just had to pester his sisters. The girls were good mostly because Alisha was an amazing mom and had activities galore for them.Here is cute little Kenadie. She really is so little compared to Avery. The babies were the best on the trip and slept a lot of the way.
Here is sweet Avery. She is loving on a little toy. I think she fell asleep soon after this picture. Look at those sleepy eyes (I think I am a decent picture taker from over the seat).
We stopped at a gas station and took a break. The older kids got icees and sat on the porch.
The babies were fed in the front seat. It was a much needed stop and made the trip a little more doable.

So we made it safely and we are having a great time. We had some adventures on our way out here like a speeding ticket, a baby base not being buckled in though the baby was buckled to the car seat, poop on a seat, a threat from a hillbilly to call the DHR, and ripping of a toll booth 3 cents. But all in all it was fun!

3 comments:

Beth said...

That last picture of Miss Avery is ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to meet her! 2 MORE DAYS!!!!! I am dying to hear the hillbilly story.

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Great pics!

I'm dying to hear the hillbilly story too...you must blog it!!!

Love to everyone!

Dawn, said...

I am so thrilled you are all together!! The cousins are sure to explode with excitement over each other. Stay safe and have a blast!!