Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Free Offers

Oh man. I am annoyed. I am not usually a person that falls for gimmicks, but I do have weak moments and MAC make-up sure did take advantage. So you know when you get those email that are wanting to give you something for free even though you know it isn't as easy as typing in your basic info real fast. Like the other day, I got an email saying I had one of Rachael Ray's cooking kits waiting for me to claim. I had signed up to win some of her stuff earlier so I thought maybe I had won the drawing. Wrong. It came to a page that said fill this out and then you will be one step closer to actually getting your offer. So I closed it because I knew it wasn't worth the time. Well then for some reason I totally lost my head. I guess I just need new make-up but can't bring myself to spend money on it, I don't know, but MAC was giving away a little "free gift" so I just had to have it. I saw that it was the fill out the offer crap, but I kept going. So I fill out the first page of "no, I don't want to hear anymore about the 50 offers here." Then it took me a page to fill out about my choice of cigarettes. Well I tried to find the "I don't smoke" option but that wasn't available and I had to feel it out, so I clicked something about filtered cigarettes and that I was liking the brand that I was using which was under "other." I made it through and also through a psoriasis page that also did not have the option "I don't have psoriasis and don't need the medication." I made it through those any many other offer fill outs (by the way Mom I put my phone number as our old Madison number, so I hope that is okay, but I had to click something saying I was not giving fake info and if I was a could get in trouble, and I fell for it). And many more click yes or no to offers, but atleast click yes to one of these and fill it out. And then it said LAST STEPS! I was excited, but then continued to read and I had to fill out 2 silver offers. These cost money, so I am not really down with that. Mike has cheered me on and given me encouragement to not give up, but once money came into the picture that dropped. And now after two days of offers (I took breaks and left the window up) I am debating. Should I just fill out the offers and or should I stop because you know if there is silver there has to be gold... I will leave the window up one more day and see how I feel about it in the morning. Aargh. All I wanted was a measley make-up trial pack. I think I should just go buy it. Boo.

7 comments:

Birdie said...

Yikes! I would try Sephora instead. I get a free gift everytime I refill my makeup. Plus they have tons of different stuff to choose from! I love my Bare Minerals. I'm not sure about all those offers you're filling out. Sounds like a gimmick to me.

Stefanie H said...

Haha yeah i'm gonna say that sounds sketchy! I got suckered into getting a credit card from the Benefit counter in Belk one time haha, my husband was super mad. What we women will do for a good Make-Up offer!!

Lisha said...

DON'T DO IT!!! BE STRONG!!! I'm such a wimp at these things, too! :)

Carly A said...

I closed it. I put so much work into it, it was sad, but I did it. Whew.

Lacey Freeman said...

I HATE THOSE THINGS...WITH A PASSION! I always get suckered into them and then when it comes down to it after I have filled out pages like you then they want money...I QUIT! haha. I hate hate hate those things!

Unknown said...

You did it! You found the combination that works! ----> Be strong, close it. Be happy.
Love you!
Auntie Linda

Beth said...

Awww...that sucked. i hate those things.