Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grandma Great

Sometimes I am sad that we live in Provo while most of my family lives so far away, like Alabama and Oklahoma. But Michael and I feel really blessed that we have such great family here. Kiara, my aunts and uncles, and my cousins. But we feel really blessed that Avery is going to know two of her great grandparents. How many kids out there can say they know their grandparents, much less their great grandparents. Especially mine. They are amazing (on both sides of course). My grandma spends all of her day helping anyone and everyone that comes her way. She is always helping her grandkids with homework! She invests so much time with the family that it is amazing. My grandpa spends a lot of his time refining himself. How many people start playing the violin in their 70s and keep going so they can become better? They are two of the most amazing people I know and I love them so much and feel so blessed that they are in our lives, just 20 minutes away. 
Grandma always has fun toys. Always.

Laughing away with Grandma Great.

Grandma always makes us delicious meals when we visit her and we go to her house at least one Sunday a month. We went there for Conference last week and Avery and Grandma Great had some fun times together.
Kisses from Grandma Great. Look at those cute chub thighs! Gotta love them!
Giving back some sweet slobbery kisses. 


5 comments:

Lisha said...

What a great post! I truly am jealous, we love grandma and grandpa!

Page said...

It looks like Avery's almost sitting up by herself in that first pic... so exciting! I can't wait for that... it will be so nice to just plop Carson down and let him sit alone!

Lacey Freeman said...

I second Alisha...great post! I love her legs...what a chunk she is!

Beth said...

I love the baby sugars they give! I'll take Addie's sloppy kisses all day!

Cari said...

We got to visit with Chris' grandmother this weekend and it was so cute to see her with Noah. How special that you live close enough to get to visit on a regular basis.

Those roly-poly legs look just like Noah's!