Monday, April 7, 2008

Easter...

Better late than never, right?
For Easter we headed up to Idaho Falls to be with Michael's family. We were there for just over 24 hours but it was a much needed break and we had a great time. We hadn't been there since Christmas so it was fun to see everyone together again. We missed Natalie and her family though! Church was great and Easter dinner was even better, thanks to Mom Adams. After dinner came the most anticipated event of the day. The Adams' family Easter egg hunt. The grand prize $20. This was mine and Avery's first hunt. We were super excited. Michael was excited. The rest of the grandkids were even more excited. It was definitely an experience and we are excited to do it again! Here are some pictures of our Easter day!
People always comment on how beautiful Avery's eyes are. They are this crystal blue color and seriously gorgeous. This picture captures just a glimpse of their beauty.
Here is our little family. Super cute, huh!?
Right before the Easter egg hunt. We were trying to get Avery in the Bjorn carrier but they said GO before we were ready so Avery was hanging out halfway while we went crazy trying to get eggs. Michael told me to only pick up eggs because that is where the money is... haha. He told me no candy or toys, just eggs. I got so into it I ended up pushing my nephew out of the way to get a juicebox that had a dollar attached to it. Sad competitive me. 
Here is Avery, finally all the way in the Bjorn, with Dad and Uncle David.
We ended up getting $19 and lots of candy. A successful Easter hunt. Thanks Easter bunny!
Kisses from cousin Austin after the hunt. He loved Avery so much. He would keep poking her and sometimes she would smile and sometimes she would cry. 
As you can tell from the pictures above we really had a super time. Avery loves all her cousins and they love her. It is fun to have family somewhat close. We are excited for school to be over so we can spend more time with them! 

6 comments:

danakat said...

She is just almost too cute to stand. I love the close up with that passie.

You look FABULOUS by the way!!

Lisha said...

Loved the pictures, they make the story all that much more fun! :)

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

What fun!!! Great pictures, Carly!!! I think you and Michael are destined to have seriously gorgeous children....because....wow! Avery is just TOO gorgeous!!!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. My grandbaby is so dang CUTE!!!

Lacey Freeman said...

You're a brat! haha...I can't believe you pushed your nephew out of the way! I guess I probably would be fighting for that dollar too though haha. I love that first picture...she definitely has her daddy's eyes!

Debbie said...

That first picture of Avery is GORGEOUS!! I love that you pushed your nephew out of the way.. haha I'm pretty competitive, too. That's hilarious!