Sunday, March 2, 2008

Me and My Man

We were newly engaged in this picture as you can tell by the placement of my hand...

How long have you been together? 2 years
How long did you date? dated nine months, engaged three
How old is he? 24
Who eats more? to be completely honest, I do. It is hard to say but these days I am constantly hungry. I need snacks and desserts way more than he does and I probably eat just as much as him during a sit down meal. Sad.
Who said "I love you" first? Technically, me. Okay. Mike likes the answer to this questions because it is so different than everyone else. We played newlyweds at a church activity and this was one of the questions and everyone else answered the same way but us and every blog I have read it was always the boy. So here is the quick story. Michael and I were wrestling around and in my trying to speak I yelled "I LOVE YOU!" And then it got super quiet and I was yelling at myself in my head and he was like "what... what did you say..." and making fun of me because he could tell I was so embarrassed. But he was the next to say it after that.
Who is taller? Michael has me by about 4 inches.
Who sings better? If you have ever been by our house around FHE time, you probably have made a mental note not to ever be there again. We both are terrible singers and can never stay on tune.
Who is smarter? Michael says me and I say Michael. Who knows...
Who does the laundry? Mostly me. We have to do it at the laundry mat so a lot of the time Michael will run and grab it and bring it back so I can fold.
Who does the dishes? I would say 60% me and 40% Michael. We have no dishwasher and washing dishes gets old so Mike helps a lot.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Looking at the bed: me.We tried to switch sides one time and I had the hardest time trying to go to sleep.
Who pays the bills? Mostly me. I hate bills.
Who mows the lawn? If we had a lawn, Michael would. He love mowing his parents huge lawn (mostly because they have a really nice lawn mower). One time Mike taught me how to do a push mower and I was terrible. So one day it will definitely be him.
Who cooks dinner? Me. Unless we are eating the Adams' family specialty: Macaroni and tomato juice (boiled macaroni noodles with v8... it is actually quite tasty with some salt and pepper)
Who is more stubborn? Well I think this is easy for every one to guess. Me. By a long shot. Mike is the opposite of stubborn.
Who kissed who first? Another question I don't like to answer. I kissed Michael on our first date because 1. I didn;t think he was going to leave my house until he kissed me and I figured he was too unsure to make the move and 2. He was on my list of boys that I wanted to kiss, so why not? I went for it, we kissed, he left, we kept dating, got married.... needless to say, he was the only boy on that list that I ever kissed
Who asked who out? I can finally say MIKE asked me out! I don't always take the initiative. Our first date was Valentine's day.
Who is more sensitive? Me. He makes fun of me because I cry at every movie. He is sensitive, but I am mondo sensitive.
Who has more friends? Me. For some reason Mike is kinda antisocial in this ward. And I have all my friends from AL and from the apartments before I got married. But Mike has friends, don't worry.
Who has more siblings? Me. 5 sisters and 2 brothers. Mike has 3 sisters and 1 brother.
Who wears the pants in the relationship? Well I would say that we balance each other out. I am more vocal at what I want done and a lot more grumpy when it is not my way, but Michael is helping me with that and I like giving into him because he is so nice and usually thinks things out way better than I do.
Who are you tagging? I think everyone that would do this already has, but if not DO IT!

4 comments:

Cari said...

Hey, nothing wrong with a girl who knows what she wants! I think we girls know how we feel much sooner than guys do we just hold our tongues most of the time.

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

I loved this post! Michael seems like a really neat guy (of course, for you to have married him he must be....) and it's cool to get to "meet" him. I'm still struggling to pictue you as a married mommy, so every little bit helps! ;)

danakat said...

Seriously....could you guys be any cuter?

Lisha said...

I agree with Cari!