Monday, December 10, 2007

Our Little LOVEBUG



AVERY FAITH ADAMS
8 lbs 7 oz 21 in
December 4, 2007

She is seriously PERFECT! I know I am her mom and I am totally biased, but Michael, Mom, and I have concluded that she is the best baby ever. She is so content with life. She makes life so wonderful.



I didn't have my digital camera out during our hospital stay, so we missed out on a lot of pictures. Kiara and Mom took tons, so I will have to track them down and download them so I can put some up of her first two days. This experience has been one of the most exciting, fun, scary, exhilarating, and rewarding of my life. Duh. I thought labor was going to be a beast, but I would do it again tomorrow if I had to, especially if it would get me out of the after-labor pains and troubles....



On Wednesday, Nov 28, we went to the doctor and he said that we were 2cm and 80% effaced and that if I made it I could be induced Tuesday. Everyone we talked to told me there was no possible way I would make it through the weekend, but little Avery knew that Michael and I needed my mom here. She waited until Tuesday, thank goodness.




We went in at 5am on Tues to Orem Community Hospital. They started the drip at 6am. When the doctor checked me at 8am I was still 2 and 80%. He broke my water and I put my name on the list to get an epidural. I got it 10 minutes later and after that life was GREAT! I do not understand why people do not get epidurals. I was able to enjoy the whole experience. I loved every minute of it. At 10am the doctor came back and checked and I was 5cm and 90%. At 11 I went through transition and made it to 10cm and 100%- ready to have a baby. My doctors practice "rest and descend" on first time epidural moms. They say that this makes the uterus do all the hard work while I just sit and wait. It helps cut down on pushing and helps to stretch me out so I wouldn't rip as much. I waited for 4 hours. Mom could barely stand it. I was fine because I was so scared to push out the baby. At 3pm the doctor came in and set up camp. He told me that I had the most prominent tailbone he had ever seen and proceeded to tell me that he would have to use forceps to help the baby over my tailbone and that it would inevitably break. That is when I started to cry. 21 minutes later, 6 pushes, and a few tears I had a beautiful little baby (and a broken tailbone- minor details). She had major conehead and the chubbiest cheeks. The doctor kept her upside down because she was a little more mucusy than what they liked. Her little cheeks were so big that they drooped over her little eyes. It is an image that I will never forget.




It took FOREVER (15 min) for the nurses to get her to me. All I kept asking the doctor was when I got to see my baby. He would ask how I was feeling and I would tell him I was anxious to see my baby. They finally brought her over and she was so cute but beat up. She had red marks where the forceps had been and swollen eyes and cheeks but she was so relaxed. She just looked at everything, taking it in, little eyes blinking with no little whimpers. Perfect.

It is no December 10, Avery is 5 days old, and Michael and I have been married for 10 months! HAha! Life is great. Avery loves her momma, daddy, nuna and aunt Chia. She cries when she wants food (she is a GREAT eater, loves to suck), a cozy sleeper, and she will stay awake for 45 minutes at a time just looking around and hanging out with her favorite people. It is so much fun! We have gotten our sleep on a pretty good system. I have her until 7 in the morning, I feed her and she sleeps with me (don't tell the docs) then Mom wakes up and takes her and I sleep until I wake up. I usually can't sleep for very long. It is dumb, but I hate being away from her, even in the other room. I know that I should take advantage of sleep opportunities, but I rarely can. I just can't sleep! Oh well!

We are doing well at the Adams' house. I am so grateful for Mom and all the help she has given us. If it were only Michael and I we would both be passed out from exhaustion right now. We are able to go to school and take exams and finish school because of her. I just hope that we don't totally bore her, it is a lot more quiet here than in Tulsa. Michael and I can't wait to be done with school so we can dote on Avery all day. Avery is just loving life. Eating, sleeping, and having everyone around her wrapped on her little finger seems to be doing her well.

13 comments:

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Avery really is the "perfect" baby. She is a little rose bud. I have thoroughly enjoyed being here!! If I could I would slip little Avery in my bag and sneak her to Tulsa!! HaHA...don't think I would get to far do you?

Birdie said...

Congratulations to you and Michael. She is absolutely beautiful!!! You look so happy!

Lisha said...

It's about time!!! I've been dying over here. She is SO beautiful, I can hardly stand it! I cried reading your blog, you are such a sweet mommy. My only advice... remember how WONDERFUL of a baby Emma was? Don't get too comfortable! Haha!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting! She is adorable! Love the cheeks...my Chaddy had the bull dog cheeks and I loved it! I had to wait for Bria to get another with those cheeks! :)

Lauren Marsh said...

Avery is beautiful and seriously perfect! I wish I could be there to love on her!!!!! And as Alisha said i also cried, sweet Mommy. Weston has little fat cheeks too! You will find yourself constantly kissing them!!!

Kim said...

She is soo soo cute! I love all those pictures of her!

Cari said...

She is seriously GORGEOUS! I love the cheeks the most. And you will kiss them at least a 1001 times a day.

Misty came over one night when N was about a week old and took care of him so that I got 4 hours of straight, uninterrupted sleep. I remember waking up and feeling like a new person. Having someone to help was a lifesaver.

You and Beth are making want a girl so bad I can taste it. Although, I wouldn't trade my N for a million girls.

Jackie Sullivan said...

She is so cute! Good job! I hope to see here over at Mom Sullivans house, Collin would love that!
Jack Sullivan

taylor and laney said...

she looks so much like mike! everyone at the gap keep asking about you. Jenny Blau and Fairy want to see you!

Lacey Freeman said...

she is so so so cute. i think i have 2 of the cutest new nieces around!! remember when chase had those huge bruises on his head from the suction thing? i am so sad i am not there to love on that little girl!

Lacey Freeman said...

i was looking at your pictures of avery and chase saw one and goes, "wook, dat's my pwend." (look, that's my friend) :)

Carly A said...

Oh I love Chasey! How cute is that!

Debbie said...

Wow! You waited for 4 hours before pushing?! When I hit 10 cm, they sat me up to let her drop on her own and just the 20 minute wait for Dr. Nix to get there was hard not to push. By the time they put me in the stirrups, they said they could see her head without me even pushing! I totally agree with you about the epidural, by the way. It was great! I got a little lightheaded and then nauseous after delivery, but overall, it was wonderful because I didn't feel anything after I got it, and mine wore off quickly after it was over.

I know how you feel about being away from your baby. At first, I would get so nervous and anxious just being away from Taylor for a small amount of time. She just turned a year old, and I'm finally starting to be able to leave her with a babysitter without getting anxious.