Monday, December 31, 2007

Avery's Blessing


Avery in her blessing dress that was once mine- isn't she adorable?!

My two favorite people looking as good as ever.

Me and my sweet baby- too bad I didn't look a little better...

Look at her blue eyes! I love them! She is just so sweet!

She definitely had enough of the picture taking.

Avery Faith Adams
Blessed December 30, 2007
By Michael C Adams

We blessed Avery on Sunday evening at Michael's parents home. We had his family (wish mine was there too, but we can only be so blessed) and his friends that he grew up with and their wives. Michael and I made pulled-pork sandwiches for dinner. We had a great time. Michael gave a beautifully inspired blessing. We are lucky to have him! We love our little Avery and hope that she is a good girl and receives all the blessings the Lord has in store for her!

Sunday was an interesting day, as all days are that have some big event. It was our first time back to church, so that was a big step. I only brought one dress for me to wear and come to find out it is permanently wrinkled, but what can you do Sunday morning. I had to wear the dress. Then come to find out I didn't pack my black heels or my jewelry. I was running late and Marilyn had to give the opening prayer. Needless to say I was stressed and on the verge of tears. We finally made it to church and it was a pretty good day, but Avery stayed awake the WHOLE time. We had church 1-4 and then we were blessing Avery at 5. She had only taken and hour nap before church, so pretty much she had NO sleep. I tried to put her down for the hour before but she wouldn't. She just laid there and looked around. I finally decided to nurse her because that is the only way to get her to relax and close her eyes. I nursed (I was pretty much a binky) her for 30 min more and she fell asleep and stayed asleep until the last person left. The blessing and dinner went great. So after looking back on the day, even though I was a mess, everything else was absolutely wonderful.

Michael is a true trooper, he handles me and my many many emotions very well. I am lucky to have him!

8 comments:

Cari said...

That is so cool that she was blessed in the same dress you were!

Isn't the priesthood awesome?!

danakat said...

She is so beautiful!
What a fantastic holiday season you have had!

And dang, girl...you look great!

Lisha said...

I was wondering if you'd use your dress to bless her in. That's so special! And, don't feel bad about having a rough Sunday morning... it happens to all of us!

Lacey Freeman said...

that second to last picture is so precious. she really is beautiful! you forgot to mention that i was blessed in the dress too!! it looks so pretty on her!

Beth said...

Those are such sweet pictures! We are blessing Addie on Sunday. How are you feeling?

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Isn't amazing that you can love her even more with each passing day?

It sounds like it was a truly special day!

Lauren Marsh said...

I know you are so proud!! And to respond to your comment about not getting Avery anything for Christmas... Weston got all of Lili's old baby toys, so no worries!! Avery is B-Utiful!!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

I think both of my "babies" were gorgeous!! Love you and I sooo wished I could have been there!!