Friday, September 16, 2011

What the Hail?

That was the common phrase around here last Saturday morning :)
When we woke up it was like any other day. Michael left to pick up some furniture in LA and the kids went out to play. Then we heard a ton of scary thunder. We went over to the neighbors to talk about how crazy the thunder was. Then all of the sudden it started hailing... out of nowhere. I jumped into their house with the kids. I realized I needed to get this on camera so I ran back to my house and got pelted by the hail. Which didn't hurt, just wanted to sound dramatic :)

The hail was at least marble-grape sized. It covered the ground in white then the rain started to pour. The video is the transitions from hail to rain.

I seriously have never seen anything like this... even in all my Alabama years. It was so crazy! When Michael got back it was sunny and most of the hail was melted... like it had never happened. I am glad that i got video so that he could see it but he was sad he missed it in person.

On the same note there was an earthquake centered in Newport Beach two night ago. I think it was a 3.6. So crazy!

3 comments:

kaitlan said...

It's been a long time since I've seen hail like that! I thought California had mild weather? I hope you didn't feel the earthquake much. Don't know how far Newport is from you guys. Sometimes, I'm glad I live in a desert!

Unknown said...

That's so cool!! Glad nothing was damaged!

Natalie B. said...

Time to pick up and move to Idaho it seems! :) Miss you guys.