Thursday, October 14, 2010

Up Close

Here's the upclose shots of all the birthday goodies. I have to say everything was actually really easy! I had myself thinking these would be a lot more work but these came together really great.I got the idea for the cake here. This cake is the reason I did an owl themed birthday. (Mom, I'm using the birthday plate you made me!)
I found the cupcakes here. They were the most tedious... but definitely cute enough that they were worth it.

These little owlies were the party favor. They were so fun to make and so cute and cuddly! I think it would be fun to make them all different sizes so Avery could have an owl family. This is the tutorial I found for them.


Here's the whole table of goods before we brought it outside. We had party after dinner on his birthday so I made sure to take a picture of my hard work in the light. It was dark outside for his party which I thought worked really cute with the whole owl theme. It was a really fun party because I did the bare minimum (treats) so I wasn't stressed about getting food out or playing games or doing crafts. I like 1 year parties... I am sure that Ave's 3rd birthday is going to require a little more work :)
Pierson had a really great birthday and we are so glad that he is a happy healthy one year old. We wish that we could have celebrated with all of you! Next time, right?!




2 comments:

Kim said...

oh my goodness you are so talented. Everything is so adorable! Will you plan my next birthday party! ;)

The Happy Haynie Family said...

I must say!! I think you are becoming the best cake maker!!! Glad Baby P had a great birthday...I so missed him and you, mike and avery!