Sunday, December 13, 2009

2! (I'm holding back the tears...)

Oh man. I seriously never thought that my baby girl would ever turn 2. I remember talking to Lacey about Chase turning 2 when I was holding Avery as a newborn and thinking that she would always be my little baby, but alas, 2 she is in every sense of the word. She is a whopping 27 lbs and 33 in tall, making it into the 50th percentile for both.


If I had to describe Avery in one word it would be pure girl (I guess that is two). She loves all things pink and all things pretty. She loves having pretties in her hair and always has, putting on mommy's pretties, and wearing pink (it seriously has to be in EVERY outfit she wears). She loves babies and is so good at taking care of them and her new baby brother who she LOVES. She is kind and compassionate. I think she is going to be great at making friends with everyone and making sure everyone can find a friend in her. She is concerned with other's well being. When playing she will get in the other kids face and say "fun? fun?" to make sure they are having fun or when Pierson criess she will tell me and then go to him and pat him and say "its okay baby, its okay Pierses". She is "well composed" as her doctor put it. She is so so so incredibly good for other people and will go with the flow (unless it's mom's flow and mom really needs her to go with it, then its melt down). Today her nursery leader told me just how cute she thought Avery was and how sweet she is to everyone. This girl can seriously capture anyone's heart.

For her birthday her cousins sent her a princess jewelry game. Avery put on every piece except for the 4 pairs of earrings... her ears are only big enough for one. We also got her the play kitchen behind her. I have enjoyed many yummy meals since :)

We started off Avery's birthday party with making Christmas tree party hats and then went straight to dinner. Homemade individual pizzas to top, pasta salad, jello jigglers, and clementines (Ave's favorite). The kids played around the block as everyone ate.
Then we brought out the birthday cake! Super artistic, right ;)

Avery was really excited about the birthday cake. She had kind of been out of it until the cake and presents came into play.

I have to give myself some props for this cake because I cooked it using only one pan (other one is in the freezer full of lasagna) and it took FOREVER oh and I started at 10:30 at night... not the smartest idea ever.

Avery got a lot of fun presents at her party, but her favorite is her new bitty baby, Katie, from Grandma and Grandpa Adams. It has taken the place of Abby, former fave baby doll. Sorry Abby, but Katie is the new and improved version of baby doll.

We ended the night with a pinata! Avery was really excited about the pinata and its not really a party without it!

We had a fun birthday and it reminded us of how lucky we are to live where we do. There aren't many pluses to apartment living, but here it is so nice because all of Avery's friends share the same front lawn. We literally walk out of our house and have tons of fun things to do and people to play with. I really love it here!

Here is Ave's Happy BIrthday video. Watch her blow out the candles... it's my favorite part.

Did I mention how much I LOVE this little girl?

11 comments:

Lisha said...

I love the pigtails, still waiting for Kenni's hair to get anywhere near long enough. And yoou're right, she is so sweet, loving to everyone, and just plain fun.

sam and brittney said...

Avery is such a cutie! What a fun party and cake! I am truly impressed with your cake making skills, Carly!

Cardigan Empire said...

Carly, you're little daughter is adorable. Congratulations on her 2 year old birthday. The cake was gorgeous!! Please post the recipe.

I apologize for cluttering your comments with this message, but you've won a $25 gift card from Shade Clothing on Cardigan Empire. Please contact me at reachel@cardiganempire.com and we'll work out the delivery details.

Congratulations!
Reachel

Kari and Robert said...

love this post. I love how cute you two are as momma and daughter!

Beth said...

ADORABLE! You did a great job on the cake, super cute! I wish we got to see that sweet little girl and baby p for Christmas. :( Love you guys!

rachel & gabe said...

fun party!!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

She sure has captured this Nuna's heart!

I love her bangs when she is blowing out her candles...reminds me of Alisha. HaHa

Stefanie H said...

Ok that cake is kind of the coolest thing i've ever seen haha

mattyanddeidre said...

Avery is 2! I can't believe it! Cayman is going to be 2 next week, it is so crazy! Man I miss you guys tonz! We are thinking about going west again (California West) we have to stay in touch so one day when our paths cross again we can get together! Happy Birthday Avery!!!

Unknown said...

Wow 2! Time really does fly by. Tell that sweet little girl Happy Birthday. I wish we were closer so our kids could be as good as friends as are and grow together like we did! Sad day! When is the next time you are going to Madison, if ever?

Laney said...

your rainbow cake is amazing. how did you do it? Did it take forever? We got your christmas card, you look beautiful, and I love Avery's babygap dress. Mike and Pierson looked pretty good as well. Happy New year!