Wednesday, November 18, 2009

6 Weeks!!!

Well before we get to six weeks here are some pictures from the past two weeks. Here is Pierson on his 5 week birthday. I thought he looked like Gaston in this outfit. The little white outfit was tight on him and with the top snap undone he looked like a little man. Oh I love him so much! Look at those sweet cheeks. Oh and not a good idea to take a picture when the baby is hungry :)
Here is a picture of the babies on Sunday. I guess it wasn't the best picture but it wasn't worth trying to trade it. I love Pierson's outfits on Sunday. He always looks like a little stud. I am finding that boys are fun to dress even though there are no bows or bracelets...


Here we are at the 6 week mark. This is Dr. Clayton who delivered Pierson. We forgot to get a picture of them together on the big day so at my check up today (yuck) I made sure to get a picture of Pierson and the doc together. We actually have the same picture of Ave and her doc since we forgot to take it on her birth day too. Oh and look at those big cheeks. He is such a big boy! Oh and I have to say that I loved Dr. Clayton... as much as Dr. Judd. I have been lucky to have two great deliveries with two great doctors and two perfect babies.
Oh man here is the sweet little boy on his 6 week birthday looking all cute! I love snuggling with Pierson and he is for sure a snuggler. He loves to be held and loves to sleep right beside me or in someone's arms. We're working on that... it was easy for Ave to sleep in her crib especially because she was a paci baby... Pierson... not so much. He will take a paci sometimes and suck it for a good while but is very choosey about when he'll take it and he hasn't decided to take it during the night yet :( Any advice? I hate letting babies cry it out, I am way too much of a softie...

Pierson has started smiling a lot more. His first real smile was to Nuna and Alisha on our way home from Disneyland on his 9th day alive and the smiles have just kept coming. I get quite a few of them a day from him and today he even cooed at me. It melted my heart. Oh I love him.


This is the "Mom you are weird" look. I was trying to get him to smile and he was ready to eat. He cracked two smiles and was then done. Michael and I were talking about how sturdy Pierson is and how good he is at holding his head up. He is just a thick strong little boy... just how we like them!



And here is AVery... looking a little 80ish with the hair but still cuter than ever. She keeps us all very busy with stories, questions, demands, cries, and smiles. One of my favorite things she does is asking people if they are having fun. She will get in her friends' faces and say "Fun, fun, hav'n fun?" Silly girl.

Here is a picture of the boys. I have to say that Michael is such a great dad. He is always helping with either Pierson or AVery and does such a good job with them. It is my favorite thing to see Michael and the kids together.

And here are the girls. Surprisingly Avery was not cooperating ;)

And here is the hot couple that started this hot mess :) I feel like we are dating in this picture, except if you were to zoom out you would see Pierce on Mike's lap and Ave crying at my feet... oh what a wonderful life! I love my little family!


Oh and make sure you check out our family video below... we worked really hard choreographing it. We might try out for America's best dance crew or something. Thanks Jana for the link... I laugh everytime!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Um... can I say ADORABLE! Love the pictures! Btw, did you not get my text? I sent a text on Monday to everyone before I posted on FB and my blog. Sorry! No one in the family ever answers their phones, so we figured text was the best way, lol! Love you guys!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Pierson is so BIG! He still looks like one of ours though! I can hardly believe that it has been 6 weeks. Time for Nuna to get more Avery Pierson loves!! I just have to figure out how to teleport myself to California. I love the couple pictures!

Lacey Freeman said...

so sweet! :) it's so fun to see him in some of baby d's clothes! i can't wait to come out there! love you guys!