Saturday, November 7, 2009

23 Months and 4 Weeks!

Oh man I have two kids. Life is definitely a lot more crazy but also a lot more fun! Right? Well we definitely get some good stories, the bad thing is I never have time to sit and write them anymore and don't get enough sleep to function well enough to remember them, but I will try. How Avery LOVES her brother. She can't get enough of him. When she cries she wants a hug from "Pierses" (at least she doesn't RAAR anymore when she says his name), and when baby cries she runs to him and yells "baby cryin"! She tries to comfort him by kissing, squeezing (literally), shoving a pacifier in his mouth, or by giving him a blankie. Sometimes Pierson can handle it and sometimes he just cries more, but no matter what the outcome Avery always reminds us that she is being nice. "I nice mommy... I nice".


Here is AVery on her 23rd month birthday. She was a little distracted and when I asked her to look at me and smile this is what happened:


Oh dear. The terrible twos and new baby issues are surfacing making life SUPER fun. Most of the time Avery is the same sweet little miss but when she wants she can sure push my buttons. Like when she ignores me or when I tell her something and she tells me "no". Or when she whines for no good reason. But for the most part she makes me smile and makes me happy that I have a spunky little girl that is always making me laugh (whether out of funny or frustration).
Avery has made some good neighborhood friends and loves to play with them. She talks about them all the time and is constantly wanting to go see them. Avery also loves baby dolls. She usually has at least one with her at all times and loves to pretend they are poopy and change their diapers (maybe because that is what mom is doing ALL day long). It is actually kind of embarrassing because she will not keep her baby's clothes on because of the constant poopy changing and she will put diaper cream on the baby so it nether regions are a little dirty and then she bring the baby everywhere. Oh well, what can you do? Avery also loves her ABC's and numbers, especially 2, 8 , and 9. When she sings her ABC's she says "ABC...XY MEEE!" Love it. Avery is also very good at colors. We like to sort things in color piles and when we talk about things she'll tell us what color it is. Avery's new favorite phrases are "'Scuse me" when she needs to get by you or when someone lets out a burp or toot and also "sorry". She'll go around saying "sawy mommy" for no reason at all and just say it over and over. Silly girl.
Last night we went to a friend's wedding reception and they had a dance floor and Avery was the only one out there but she didn't care and danced the night away. I wish I would have had my camera becdause she was so darn cute. Got to love that little girl!


On to Pierson, our little buddy, or as Avery says, "hi buhyee". This little boy is just so darn cuddly and sweet and all I ever want to do is hold him and kiss him. He is a really good baby and puts up with a lot. He is usually pretty content, especially when being held :)



I swear he gets chubbier every day. Out of the 10 babies just born around here he is the youngest and the chubbiest... well close. I mean every day I look at him he is bigger and chubbier than the day before. Slow down baby! I want him to stay little forever so he will cuddle with me and be nice to me.


Michael and I think it is so crazy how much he looks like a little boy. From the second he came out he just looked like a boy. I wrapped him in one of Avery's old blankets that is pink and it just didn't fit him at all. He is all boy! Even his little cry is deeper and raspier than Avery's was, like a little boy's should be. Though I do have to say every once in a while he lets our a high pitched squeal.


Pierson is a good sleeper... mostly if he is sleeping on or near you. He does know his day from night and loves his mom enough to sleep at night. He wakes to eat and is usually asleep before he's finished. We are going to start working on him sleeping in his bassinet for more of the night... wish us luck. But who wouldn't want to cuddle next to this sweet baby?

Pierson is more alert every day. He still sleeps for most of the day (thank heavens) but will be awake for about an hour between most naps. He has the deer in headlights look that Avery did. I love their big eyes! Oh man look at that double chin! We laugh because his chin is usually hidden by his cheeks and the lower chin of the double chin.


Pierson has flashed us quite a few smiles and I love it! They are the real smiles that last a little longer and take some work to get. I love it though and can't wait till he smiles all the time.

Here is Pierson today on his 1 month birthday. 1 month! How did that happen so quickly?! We are so glad that he is here with us and that he is such a darn good baby. We are truly blessed!

10 comments:

mattyanddeidre said...

I still can't believe you have two kids. And Avery is growing up so much. She's such a cute "mommy". Oh, we totally need to talk sometime. I'm so happy for you!

Beth said...

Aw! Avery is so smart! I'm impressed by her colors! Addie still says EVERYTHING is pink. If I give her a choice between two, she can tell me she wants the "boo" one or white one, but if I just ask her what the color of something is, it's pink. And little Pierson!! He's gotten so big! He looks a lot like Avery but definitely looks like a boy!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

I have tears in my eyes right now because I can't believe its been a whole month! I would give a whole lot to love those 2 little kids right now!

Make sure you give them a special hug from Nuna!

lynette brimhall said...

Susan Kay came over and I showed her these pictures and your Halloween pictures... We both agree that you have cute little ones. I can't believe he is a month old. YOu look so good. I wish you could come over for Sunday dinner.

Lisha said...

He looks like Davis in that first sleeping picture!

sam and brittney said...

What cuties! Pierson is sure getting chubbie-Love it! Hey we are coming to calif for christmas dec 19-the 1st. Are you guys going to be there then or are you going to be visiting family? I really hope we can get together!!

Lacey Freeman said...

HE IS SO CUTE! I love his chubs. And little miss is such a stinker. Her stories make me giggle. I can't wait to squeeze that little baby. :) They grow too fast...Davis turned 13 months yesterday! :(

Lacey Freeman said...

And I agree with you Lisha. We got to best little buddy cousins just like Chase and NateDogg on the way! :)

Lacey Freeman said...

two*

Rashed jaman said...

hehe cute baby