Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pierson Michael

This feels a little bit like that part of The Lion King when they present Simba to all the animals in the kingdom. So as you read this post imagine some gospel-type singer singing 'The Circle of Life' and enjoy.

We are excited to announce that Pierson Michael Adams was born yesterday at 12:38 pm.

We showed up at the hospital around 7:40 am on Wednesday morning. Check out that view of the Ocean.

Carly was started on the petocin, the doctor came in and broke her water, and the we waited.

After some more intense contractions she decided to get the epidural and then we waited some more. We both took a little nap and then the nurse came to checked Carly and boom she was at 10 cm and ready to go. There was one practice push and then the doctor came to get the show on the road. Carly did amazing! She pushed like three times and he was out. It was pretty cool because immediately after he was born they let Carly hold him.


I guess he was a little mad.


I am so glad that Carly got to hold him so quickly because when Avery was born she had fluid in her lungs so they took her away and she was surrounded by doctors. Carly always felt a little jipped. She was glad too.


He was a healthy little guy at 8 lbs 5 ounces. A little bit smaller than his sister, who was 8 lbs 7 ounces. Carly actually guessed his exact weight that morning. I guess she would know.


He measured 20.5 inches, Avery was 21 inches.

And now some pictures for all you ladies out there to goo and gaa over. Go ahead I think that he is a pretty handsome kid myself. I won't even bore you with more of my ramblings, just enjoy the pictures of our special day.













26 comments:

mattyanddeidre said...

Yaaaay! He's here! I actually wanted to call yesterday to see when he was coming! I'm so excited! What cute pictures! Avery is so adorable with him! What a beautiful baby. We are so excited for you.

Katie and Zach said...

Congratulations!!

sam and brittney said...

Oh my goodness!!! SOOOO CUTE!! I want to hold him!! Carly, 3 pushes, seriously you were meant to birth babies and you look gorgeous like always!! What a beautiful family! Yea for little boys!

Kim Mayfield said...

Congrats! What a handsome little man, and a beautiful family!

Dawn, said...

Carly, with deliveries like that you should have exactly 27 kids... OK?! For the rest of us that take much longer and don't look near as cute as you before NOR after giving birth, grumble ;) So glad he is here and healthy.

ALSO, must note my selfish side that is glad Alisha will be there shortly which means I get lil' Nate... gotta love little boys! And now you have your very own little boy to smooch. Enjoy him for these next few months while he is immobile... then the REAL fun begins, cruel chuckle!!!

Steph and David said...

I am so happy for you guys. The pictures of Avery holding him made me water up. Cute!!!! Congrats! Wow, 3 pushes? you are amazing!!!!

rachel & gabe said...

AWESOME job blogging, Michael.

the pictures are great.love the ones w/ Avery holding him.

Congratulations!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations you guys! He is so adorable. I love the picture of Avery holding him, so so cute. Glad to hear everything went well. What a beautiful family!

Kari and Robert said...

yay he's here! I can't wait to meet him tomorrow! congrats guys!

Beth said...

So seeing your sweet new boy makes me want a baby...like NOW! And how cute is Avery with Pierson?!?! Oh my goodness! Love you all! Wish we were there.

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness he is adorable! Congratulations on another beautiful little baby! Looks like Avery LOVES him already!

Natalie B. said...

He is so beautiful! I wish I could hold him! The pictures of Avery with him and so cute. How is she doing? Carly you are looking pretty fab too! What a great family you guys are. We miss you.

James and Audra said...

Hey you have your Michael, and we have ours. Wierd their named after the same guy. They have to met sometime. Congrats, boys are tons of fun.Love James and Audra Divis

Lisha said...

Yay! Can't wait to come see you, seems too long to wait.

Lisha said...

P.S. I loved Michael's post, it's fun to hear from him. And, the whole Lion King is funny.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! He is precious! You make such beautiful kids!

taylor and laney said...

wahoo! little boys are wonderful. you will love it! I love the name. Avery is adorable in those pictures!

Debbie said...

YAY! Congratulations!! Carly looked absolutely beautiful (before) and still beautiful immediately after! I can't believe your babies are so big as tiny as you are!! Love the picture of Avery holding Pierson!

Raena Johnson said...

found your blog - hope you don't mind - and just in time! congrats. love the name, love the red outfit. give me a call and come over - we can be nursing buddies!

Ashley Terry said...

I can't wait to squeeze him! I love him already and love love love that Avery is a little 'mommy' too. Those pictures are priceless. Call me when you feel up to it. I'd love to hear about all the gritty details of the birth! Love you guys!

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

oh my goodness!!! oh we miss you guys. he is beautiful! ok, we need to start planning a trip . . . what a beautiful family woman! (and p.s. never saw a whale . . . still don't know what you are talking about!)

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

oh my goodness!!! oh we miss you guys. he is beautiful! ok, we need to start planning a trip . . . what a beautiful family woman! (and p.s. never saw a whale . . . still don't know what you are talking about!)

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

oh my goodness!!! oh we miss you guys. he is beautiful! ok, we need to start planning a trip . . . what a beautiful family woman! (and p.s. never saw a whale . . . still don't know what you are talking about!)

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

oh my goodness!!! oh we miss you guys. he is beautiful! ok, we need to start planning a trip . . . what a beautiful family woman! (and p.s. never saw a whale . . . still don't know what you are talking about!)

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

oh my goodness!!! oh we miss you guys. he is beautiful! ok, we need to start planning a trip . . . what a beautiful family woman! (and p.s. never saw a whale . . . still don't know what you are talking about!)