Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Late Birthday to ME!

Last Sunday my sweet Grandma had a little birthday party for me. Kiara, her roommate Mary, Michael, Avery, Grandpa, and Grandma all sang me Happy Birthday. This is the beautiful cake Grandma made me. She couldn't find any candles so she put this tealight on there. Sound familiar Beth? Remember when Mom made Beth birthday brownies and she put the bit green candle in the middle? Like mother like daughter, I guess my kids have a lot to look forward to!
Me posing for Grandma, so excited about my cake!

I made a wish, blew out the candle, and so now hopefully my wish will come true.

Here is my cute little family!

A closer one of us (I should have worn a little more makeup!).

I just wanted to thank Grandma for making my birthday special! On my actual birthday Kiara babysat Avery while Michael and I went out to dinner at Tucanos. It was very yummy and nice to have some time just to the two of us. We went to Sam's Club later and splurged on diapers and wipes. All in all I had the perfect birthday!

8 comments:

Beth said...

You look great! Your hair has gotten so long! I am growing mine out again. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Beth said...

Oh and I love how you and Avery match! Too cute!

Lisha said...

It looks like you had a wonderful birthday! I love grandma's cake... mom's done tealights, too, I think for dad's birthday last year!

Lacey Freeman said...

I can't tell you how many times we have had non-birthday cake candles on our cakes with mom. Gotta love it. Haha. =) I guess that is one thing that makes it all so special right? You are looking good. I am jealous!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

When i saw your cake I chuckled!! Like mother like daughter like grandmother!

J-Bird said...

Happy Birthday! Your little family is so cute. I hope that we get to meet Avery in person some day! Keep in touch!
Alyssa & Jae

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Happy Late BDay Carly!!!

Debbie said...

Happy belated birthday! You have a beautiful family! I love how you and Avery match!

I love the fact that when you get old and married "date nights" turn into trips to the grocery store... haha