Monday, June 13, 2011

Hi Old Friend,

Remember me? I won't be surprised if you don't since I haven't been around the last FOUR months. I've been trying to come around more often but for some reason never made it. But I am going to try and be better. Maybe I'll come around weekly.... maybe. I do have a lot to tell though. In 4 months a LOT has happened: family visiting, Utah trip, friends visiting, cruise with no kids, and so much more. Do you remember this guy?
He's 28 now. That is getting old. Though he seems to stay young by playing tennis weekly, surfing on Saturday, camping (with Pierce even), and hanging out with the 12-13 year old boys in our ward. He's even built some furniture for our home, but I'll show you pictures later. One thing that keeps us busy is this little lady.
I think she can talk for 30 minutes without missing a beat. She is a very persistent question asker. She is a very smart joy schooler. She can write letters so well. She loves to write out our family member's names (unless I ask her to, of course). She even wrote out Happy BIrthday once.... and that is a big phrase when you are a little girl. She has learned to swim on her own. She is my 2nd in command and helps with a lot of things. She likes all things Cinderella, princess, pink and Dora. She loves being a Sunbeam in Primary. She loves to learn songs and sing them like princesses and robots. She loves the beach and Disneyland. But most of all she loves her pink baby Lucy, the real baby Lucy (pictures to come), her dad and mom, and her buddy.
Yep, this guy. I mean how could you not love this little boy. Even when he tries to attack you for doing what your mom says (or what you think your mom should have said). He is our crazy boy. In an hour today he had 3 major falls. I am glad that he is still alive. He likes to climb, swing, slide, and throw just about anything. He likes to find germs where ever he can and eat them. Like today at the pool when he was sucking up water off the pool deck. Ick. He likes to give you a hug and when he does he says in his little man voice "hug". That's how he says sorry too. He has become very polite but has shortend all polite words to "welcome." He can fold his arms during a prayer... about twice a week :) if you're sad he'll rub your back. If you're tired he'll wake you up at 6am, just to make sure you don't sleep in and miss anything. Because of his early rising he has come to love Dora (I'll do anything to sleep til 7). He will sing "dora, dora, dora" just like the song. Probably not a thing to brag about but it is so darn cute. He will also sing like princess Ariel. He will share with his sister if she asks nicely. He peed on the toilet today... after a little dribble on the floor (don't worry we're still months away). He goes to sleep with his nigh-nigh (blanket), quack quack (duck), and paci. Oh how he loves his paci.
Well, that is just a small update. I do have a lot more to come. Hopefully I will remember that this isn't as painful and time consuming as I remember it being. It does feel good to be back. Talk to you soon.
Carly

9 comments:

Lisha said...

Even if it is painful, it is so enjoyable for the rest of us! Love you guys!

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

Welcome back Carly! This post is too cute! :)

Jana said...

i'm glad you're back. and i love your kids. holy cow, they're cute. and pierce. oh pierce. i want lily to marry that boy :)

MamaT said...

I am so glad you got to go on your cruise. I would neglect my blogging too if that were the case. Your kids are growing up so fast. Thanks for the update.

mattyanddeidre said...

yay, you're back. I've missed you! I've been wondering what you've been up to lately. But I'm so excited that we are going to live so close to you. Thanks for the update, I look forward to more!

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I haven't posted in awhile either so don't feel bad! I'm glad to hear all is well and look forward to more posts! :) hopefully I get back to posting too.

HeidiAnn said...

So happy your back! I'm always checking. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Kim said...

I really like your pose in the first picture. And you should blog more. You are good at it when you do it!

Unknown said...

Loved this post!! Now I need another one! I miss my Avery and Pierson...