Monday, November 1, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

For FHE one night we decided to carve pumpkins.
(for some reason the pictures look fuzzy... boo) This was Pierson's first year to join in on the action and he LOVED it. You can tell by the pumpkin goo hanging out of his mouth in the picture above. Getting him to focus on me for a picture was impossible because he ws loving the pumpkin mess so much. I miraculously captured his eyes in the picture below in the quick second he looked at me.

Avery also enjoyed carving pumpkins... but in a slightly different way. P was all about the goo and pumpkin mess and A was all about the company. She didn't really do much of the pumpkin stuff, she just sat and watched and laughed with us. We were calling the pumpkin goo 'gooby' and she giggled and giggled each time it was said. It was a little past her bed time at this point and she was super slap happy. I'll have to see if saying gooby brings out her giggles at a normal hour.
Needless to say we had such a good time carving pumpkins.
Mike remains the master pumpkin carver of our house. He has skillz that killz mine everytime. But I do make the best pumpkin seeds (or I at least make them).
Here is the pumpkin I carved. It lasted one night and then the next morning the babies were all over it like white on rice. It is now in the dumpster.
Here are a few videos for your viewing pleasure. They sum up our pumpkin carving pretty well. My favorite part is when I ask Avery if we are going to have fun and she says no.




1 comment:

kaitlan said...

loving the carvings! Those are some good looking pumpkins!