Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seaworld

All the news on Seaworld reminded me that I haven't posted about our trip there yet. We went mid-January and thankfully the whales only did tricks that day. We started the day watching the killer whales and oohed and aahed at all the cool flips and splashes they did. It was a really cool show and I am really sad for the trainer that lost her life. We met up with some of our favorite people in the world the Andrews! Kate was one of Avery's first best friends (along with cousin Brooklyn) and so it was so fun to see them again. Here are those little missies at the seal show. It was pretty funny and really impressive.
There was a really big play park that Michael and Avery had a blast on. I think Michael had even more fun that what Avery did :)

Here's the whole clan (minus Michael) before we went and saw the penguins. I have to say out of all the animals I feel the worst for the penguins. They just looked so sad standing there and there were so many of them! I think Happy Feet made me feel even worse for them.

Avery loved the sharks. She will still talk to us about them to this day.
I had to feed Pierson before we left so we decided to go and watch the Shamu Show one more time. It was just as good as the first time. We left a little early from the show and started our trip home. It was a really fun day! And now we have Seaworld passes so if you come and visit us we will take you there!
Oh and a side note. On our way to Seaworld Avery got carsick! All of the sudden she got really fussy and then she just puked every where. Ick. I hate puke so I was gagging as I was cleaning it up and we were trying to find somewhere to buy her a new shirt. We had to go out of the way a little bit and as Avery started barfing again I told Mike to forget it and just get us to Seaworld. She just wore her jacket with nothing under, but it worked and she felt fine once out of the car.

7 comments:

sam and brittney said...

That Andrews guy looks really familar. Did he serve a mission in Houston?

Beth said...

Oh man, carsick? Horrible!!! Poor Ave and Mommy. Looks like a fun day though minus the pukes!

kaitlan said...

Yay for Seaworld! Boo for carsickness! I get it too all the time. No fun for poor little girls!

Lisha said...

Looks like a great time... I so want to get my kiddos there! You never told me the rest of the carsick story, so sorry. Hope this was a one-time thing!

mattyanddeidre said...

Wow, maybe we'll come and visit so we can go to seaworld with you guys! Oh, and i just noticed that you have dark hair. Looks good! Glad you had fun!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

This so reminds me of when you were a baby and we would go to seaworld! Bonnie's hair is so long! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

hey maybe the next trip could be disneyworld?!?! we miss you and wish we could be in the pool having a party!