Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Curly Q Avery

Growing up my mom always (or close to) curled our hair for church. I don't remember what made me think of this but I did and then realized I have yet to curl a hair on Avery's head. So Sat night after bath I got out my sponge rollers and rolled her up. Isn't she cute! She thought she looked 'cool', but was sad that I couldn't put the pink rollers in (they're the biggest). I told her that they would feel funny when she went to sleep, but they didn't seem to bother her one bit. As I was taking out the curlers the next morning Avery just stared in the mirror and giggled. I took the top ones out last and when she saw that she said "I look yike Chase" with a big smile on her face. I started giggling with her. She's too cute sometimes. We decided to fro out the curls because Ave just didn't have enough hair for my wringlet idea. And here how the curly beauty turned out: (not super happy to be taking a picture as you can tell)

Here's our good looking buddy. If I could I would sneak a curler into his mohawk at night just for kicks. But if Michael ever saw it he might have a heart attack, maybe even worse
Here's our family this past Sunday. I really wanted P to wear the vest with the suit and Michael said it looked too 80'sish. I put it on him anyways cause it was just too cute not to so Mike made me wear a headband and we all went dressed as a different decade: Avery 40's, Pierson 80's, me 70's (I took the headband off before we took the picture), Mike 90's. Super cool, right? We'll let you know what next Sunday's theme is so you guys won't feel left out and can dress up too.

9 comments:

Beth said...

She is so cute with her sponge rollers! I'll have to get some for Addie (maybe they have small pink ones because pink is Addie's favorite too).

mattyanddeidre said...

Oh, that is so adorable. Love her hair and your family pic.

kaitlan said...

She looks so cute! Gotta love sponge rollers. Your comment about P's mohawk made me laugh because Kevin fusses everytime he sees Conner's. His hair is too long so the 'hawk curls a little. He says Conner looks too girly that way but I love my baby in a mohawk!

rachel & gabe said...

what a cutie!!

Ashley Terry said...

AHHH! Her hair is so freakin' cute! I love that you guys made it a fro. Classic. That one will go in her wedding video one day. :)

I love you!

Ash

sam and brittney said...

I love the curls!! It brings back memories when my mom sponge rolled my hair every Sat night!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Lacey and I read this together and sat and giggled! I think it is neat that she remembered that curly her is "yike Chase"! She is so darn cute and baby P is cute enough to kiss even if it is on the computer screen. Love sundays!!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute family! Pierson is getting so big! I love that Michael was sporting the 90s. Hee-hee

Steph and David said...

I love her hair!! I am dying. My mom did the same thing to us. How adorable!